Re: notepad plus plus and NVDA

Brian's Mail list account

I'm using something called Akelpad, which seems to be a very nice and stable program, but I've no idea if it does what is required, I like its lack of crashing and that it alerts you to different copies of files being different before it will overwrite etc.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] notepad plus plus and NVDA

Hi there,
Notepad++ had a few quirks that I didn't like, but overall, it is accessible, and you'll probably be able to turn the nasty stuff off at any rate. To be honest, I use Notepad2 (www.flos-freeware.ch), which I believe is a lighter version of Notepad++ without all the extra nasties, which I use all the time. But you still have all the cool stuff like line ending conversion, line sorting, blank line removal, duplicate merging etc. I guess the only caveat with that is that it's not regularly maintained, I believe the last update was some time in 2012.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 11/06/2018 02:26 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
Hi,

Is notepad plus plus accessible with NVDA? I have some text files I want to do some advanced editing on. In some, I want to remove all blank lines. Others are from an old dos program and have extra ascii ansi junk characters that I want to get rid of. Once fixed up, I want to re-save the text files, open in wordPad and save as docx files to re-translate into braille to put on the orbit reader 20. I put two files on there, and have to hit the scroll forward button a lot to skip extra blank lines which interrupts my ability to read the file smoothly.

Joshknnd1982@... <mailto:Joshknnd1982@...>

Josh

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.