From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2018 6:13 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible money

Hi, Brian,

I too wish we had accessible money. One time when the guy from Buy Right Pharmacy came to deliver a medication for me, I accidentally handed him a 5-dollar bill thinking it was a one-dollar bill. It's true that not everybody has a smart phone. I can't even afford one because they're so expensive.

Rosemarie

On 6/9/2018 4:04 PM, brian wrote:

    Lets not forget that not everyone has a smart phone and not everyone has a credit card or a debit card because they don't have a bank account.  They are just defying the judgment against them they are just lazy and they are hoping that the total cashless society will come quick enough so they don't have to make our money accessable.  The Usa is the only country that does not have accessable money how sad.  We have to depend on sighted people to tell us what our money is and trust them to tell us the truth.  This does not make me proud to be an american.  our goverment is telling us loud and clear that they don't care about our needs and we are American citizens what a shame.  I hope that those of you who live in countries and do have accessable curency are most greatful and thankful for the gift of financial independence.  We Americans would love to have this but who knows if we will ever have it.  Our paper money just all feels the same.  a hundred dollar bills feels like a one dallar bill.  I do wish that we had the kind of money that Canada has they have done it right so if they can do it then so can the Usa.  We have been provided with money readers by nls as a sulution but try to use this device at the check out counter and see what happens you will be holding up the line.  this is a very bad sulution to the problem of inaccessable curency.  It does not matter if you fold your bills in different ways or you have a billfold with 4 compartments as I have you first have to know what the bills are.  If you get in a hury you could miss fold the bill or put it in the wrong compartment I have done this.  We need to be able to identify our paper curency quickly and acuratly.

Brian Sackrider

On 6/8/2018 11:37 PM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Do we need it? Now that we have apps that can tell us what is what?  Just asking.