Re: list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I wonder, if the tool autoruns is usable on 10, whether there is an item starting in the system one can uncheck or delete to remove it?

Might also be worth a look in a few other places. I think that sound is enabled early now and also works in safe mode so there could be something else in a system tool that can be tweaked. Does seem an odd choice that has no way to configure it, Microsoft are usually good at allowing these things to be altered.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

It might be worth seeing what happens, when we upgrade to NVDA 2018.2.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 4:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Hi

I found this that might help the first option looks easier and a link to this page is https://forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-customization/29982-disable-remove-ease-access-button-logon-screen.html

it did not mention a windows version so am guessing it should work.

I did read a thread that on hp machines this comes up at log on.

I wonder if you have your computer boot straight into windows if it would still come up? I do not think so or would you rather not as you would rather log on into windows?

Gene nz

On 6/13/2018 6:50 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened. Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed.

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

any ideas? I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.