Re: nvda 2018.2 is there for windows 7 sp1 and higher

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

If i remember right it was nvda 2017.3 for xp and vista users they can
not get any more updates and they will not install.

If you are runnning windows 7 sp1 and above you can keep on installing
the latest versions of nvda.

Gene nz

On 6/14/2018 7:05 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
only on x86 versions the x64 versions are fine.

On 6/14/2018 5:05 AM, Davy Cuppens wrote:
Hi folks

Indeed, I believe there is a problem so that win7 users are not able
to update over the help menu in the update section.
However you can do the upgrade from the nvaccess website and do it
manually.
As I write now I am a win7 sp1 user with all update and working fine
with nvda 2018.2.
But I do not understand why people here are spreading rumors that
2017.4 was the last version for win7 users.
The only thing I admit is that somewhere NVACCESS had a problem
including the upgrade into the help menu i.e. that is the case for my
system but please do the upgrade manually and the update process is
just working fine then.
I am very satisfied with the hard work for this new version.
Regards
Davy
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] For windows 7 users this information is not correct

Hi,
A few critical questions:
* Did NV Access announce what the original poster said?
* If yes, where can we find such an announcement?
* Was there a list traffic devoted to implications of what the
original poster just announced?
I'm phrasing my answers in this format in hopes that we can be better
informed in the future.
Cheers,
Joseph