Chinese IME and Candidate lists?

Clement Chou

Hi. Not sure if anyone can help with this, but I am trying to use the
Chinese microsoft IME to write. However, when I am entering the
composition string, I am unable to get candidates read out loud.
Arrowing simply reads back the string using the phonetically pinyin
letters, and when I press space I can tell that I have selected a
different candidate for the composition string but can't figure that
out until after the text is already entered. Is this a problem with my
NVDA? Or the ime itself? Trying to write in Chinese.. but it's a total
shot in the dark when I have to press space and just accept whatever
it gives me. lol