Re: For windows 7 users

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

Firstly as many have noted, NVDA 2018.2 will run just fine on Windows 7, as long as you have Windows 7 SP1 installed.  What seems to be the issue is simply the check for updates.  I think Artin might have found the answer though - My windows 7 machine running NVDA 2018.1 didn't see the update.  When I installed 2017.3 on that machine, and checked for updates, it can see 2018.2.

In any case, if you are running Windows 7 and not finding the update when checking, if you download manually from https://www.nvaccess.org/download/ it should install and update just fine.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 6:59 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
To be honest the only device I think will not work fully will be one of my usb soundcards but I can probably run that without drivers and it will work without its effects and gaming  for older games but still.

As for scanners and printers, a friend had the same issue, upgraded the system and while the printer worked as well as the scanner it was not updated and he had to buy another one, the unit was 10 years old though.

My multifunction is like that but its getting older so we will eventually have to get it sorted the latest drivers will not install but the printer's own internal older drivers will so.

On the other side I got my aunt a nice unit with everything and all set up no hastle so who knows, prices are dropping down.

On 6/14/2018 8:48 AM, Andy wrote:
Upgrading an operating system may have many consequences, depending on your system, and must be carefully considered. Upgrading from Win 7 to 10 may mean that your older peripherals such as printers and scanners may no longer work because updated drivers may not be available. I generally do not upgrade an operating system until I get a new PC. Keep in mind that Win 7 will be supported until 2020, and perhaps longer. There are still many people and even businesses that are still successfully using Windows XP.

Andy