Re: nvda 2018.2 is there for windows 7 sp1 and higher

Quentin Christensen

There is definitely an issue upgrading on Windows 7 using the upgrade check in the program itself.  Possibly related to the block we put on that routine upgrading from 2018.1 to 2018.1.1 (since the fix in 2018.1.1 only affected Windows 10).  In the meantime, updating from https://www.nvaccess.org/download/ should work fine.

And yes, 2018.2 should work fine on Windows 7, with the caveat that you need Windows 7 SP1.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
strange.

My win7 laptop x64 pro updated fine.

The 2 win10 units did to 1803 home and pro respectively my 32 bit win7 unit didn't so I guess its random if your unit will or not.

On 6/14/2018 8:54 AM, Davy Cuppens wrote:
Not correct, I am using x64 version and couldnot update automatically.
Regards
Davy

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda 2018.2 is there for windows 7 sp1 and higher

only on x86 versions the x64 versions are fine.

On 6/14/2018 5:05 AM, Davy Cuppens wrote:
Hi folks

Indeed, I believe there is a problem so that win7 users are not able to update over the help menu in the update section.
However you can do the upgrade from the nvaccess website and do it manually.
As I write now I am a win7 sp1 user with all update and working fine with nvda 2018.2.
But I do not understand why people here are spreading rumors that 2017.4 was the last version for win7 users.
The only thing I admit is that somewhere NVACCESS had a problem including the upgrade into the help menu i.e. that is the case for my system but please do the upgrade manually and the update process is just working fine then.
I am very satisfied with the hard work for this new version.
Regards
Davy
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] For windows 7 users this information is not correct

Hi,
A few critical questions:
* Did NV Access announce what the original poster said?
* If yes, where can we find such an announcement?
* Was there a list traffic devoted to implications of what the original poster just announced?
I'm phrasing my answers in this format in hopes that we can be better informed in the future.
Cheers,
Joseph