Re: Inaccessible Banking Website

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

Most likely they have set up buttons using CSS graphics. Though there are a few other ways this can happen. Generally it won't matter which screen reader they look at the sight with the graphics will probably appear the same.

I If you are running an older version of Firefox you can install the aXe (a x e ) extension form DeQueue which will generate a report of the issues that an automated testing platform can find. I believe it puts a menu item into the Developer Tools of Firefox and then there is a large Audit button that will analyze whatever site you are on. All the reporting is done via your browsers JavaScript and no data gets sent to the Extension builder.

You can write me off list if you want.

Jonathan Cohn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob Hudson
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2018 2:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Inaccessible Banking Website

Recently my credit union changed its website rendering most of the online banking services inaccessible to NVDA. According to sighted people Ii had look at the page, all the services have been moved to little graphical icons at the top of the screen.
I was wondering if I could get someone from NVAccess to remote into my machine, look at the website, and then tell me what I can pass on to the bank's i t people about fixing it to make it more readable for screen readers. And how i would go about setting something like that up.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.