Re: NVDA not speaking my images

Jonathan COHN

Also, the WEB-AIM mailing list or the A11Y Sslack channel both have numerous Accessibility professionals on list, there are probably folks on that list that can respond directly. I believe I did see some discussion of wrapping SVG in a div with role="image" and then labeling the div. I can't remember if the label has to be with an aria-label / aria-labeledby attribute or if you can use the alt attribute.

Some memories indicate to me that you should add an id to the title within the SVG and then use the aria-labeledby attribute to point to that id.

Sorry I don't have time to research my notes on SVG today.

Jonathan

´╗┐On 6/15/18, 11:00 AM, "bglists via groups.io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I think most if not all of the devs are blind, so you may find it a bit
difficult to get the issue over. Try a ticket on gather if you think its
wrong. All I know is that most graphics with alt tags give a description of
the graphic, according to how detailed the site builder wanted to get of
course.
Normally the big messes occur in javascript intense sites.
I'm not up on html myself, but you need to test the site in different
browsers too.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.