Re: Fly Outs?

Pete <emac00@...>

  Hi
  The network icon in the sys tray does this:
  go to the sys tray
  arrow to the network icon
  wait for it
  it opens up or flys out of accessibility.
  not navigable using tab or arrow keys
  might be able to use the mouse
  not sure haven't tried just hid the darn thing.
  Pete

On 5/13/2016 7:34 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Group,

When I click on a file type that Windows doesn't recognize, I get this fly out business.  It asks me what program I want to use and gives me a somewhat inaccessible GUI type interface.  By routing around with the review type cursor, you can make choices.  I don't know if the fly out reference occurs any other times, but this is where i get it in Window 8.1.

On 5/13/2016 7:16 AM, Gene wrote:
Flyout is a term long before Windows 10.  I don't recall technically what a flyout is but I've seen the term network flyout when I issue an incompatible command to open the connection manager in the System Tray.  I don't know if the term is used in other ways.