Re: QA Testing

Hi,

The snapshots download page is:

https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

As you may know by now, you need a GitHub account to report and comment on issues. The shortcut page for creating new issues is:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/new

Since you said you’re new to NVDA, I recommend going through resources such as user guide, tutorial videos and what not so you can become familiar with how the screen reader works, then consider using master snapshots to test new features. This is so that you can be prepared as to what to expect instead of going through difficulty learning NVDA and testing new things at the same time.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Kinney
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2018 8:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io; nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] QA Testing

Thanks, Joseph.

As I'm not very familiar with the software I'd like to start with the Master snapshot.  Do I get that on GitHub?  How would I report issues?

Jim

Jim Kinney

Thrive Web Solutions

619-609-0021

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2018 8:19:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] QA Testing

Hi,

The best place to start would be how early would you like to see features come to life. Depending on how adventurous you are, you can choose from the following NVDA development snapshot branches:

• Next branch snapshots: alpha-level code, so certain things may not work as expected in the beginning.
  • Master snapshots: live beta, includes features that could make the cut for the next stable version.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Kinney
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2018 7:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] QA Testing

I'd like to volunteer to help test new versions.  How do I do that?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.