  Hi  Gene
  I think Brian was saying HTML5 didn't behave on his XP machines.  Adobe flash enabled on my computer would play the audio/video streams I just didn't like not having access to the controls for it.
  Pete

On 5/14/2016 7:40 AM, Gene wrote:
In your message concerning Flash and html5, which I didn't keep, so I'm writing from my recollection, it appears you said that flash didn't play well in XP.  I have never had problems related to XP specifically and Flash.  Even on a slow machine, Flash played properly.  It's HTML5 that doesn't play well on both of my XP machines and one should certainly be more than fast enough to play HTML5 audio content properly.

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] embedded object in Firefox

Disabling the Flash player may or may not solve the problem.  If HTML5 is available from the site, the HTML5 code is usually accessible and will likely allow you to play the audio if the Flash player being used is inaccessible.  But just disabling Flash may keep you from listening to audio you want to hear.  It depends on whether the site in question supports HTML5 at this time.  Many sites do and many don't.  I expect there is a way to make HTML the default choice which would allow the site to give you Flash content if necessary.  If this option is available, it would be a browser setting or would be made available in a plugin.  I don't know enough to comment further.  And it should be pointed out that I've tested with two XP machines and HTML audio doesn't play properly even though it's supposed to.  It appears that HTML5 isn't properly compatible with XP, at least not at this time and it might never be.  I have tested with both Chrome and Firefox with bad results.