From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 2:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] virtual buffer not refreshing properly nvda 2018.2

Yes Firefox of all sorts always does this on my windows 7 machines, so I'm
surprised you only just got it. if you are running 64 bit windows I use
waterfox now as this seems not to suffer from this. At some point in the
past, Firefox did something that momentarily drove up processor core usage
when you go to a new page or launch it in the first instance. this seems to
randomly create a situation for nvda where it sees no change straight away.
often you will find that merely opening a menu and closing it then presents
you with the new content. in64bit Waterfox this seems never to happen.
It is supposedly the same code as Firefox before Quantum so why its so
much better could be because its only available in a 64 bit version and
hence the code is better optimised for multi processors. That is just a
guess.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.