Automatically start NVDA after I log on to Windows checkbox unable to be checked

Thomas Stivers

 Hello all,

The three options pertaining to automatically starting NVDA appear on screen, they do not appear disabled, but they cannot be selected either in the welcome dialog or in the general preferences. This is happening on a remote computer, so I didn't do the installation myself. Is there a scenario where NVDA was installed as a portable copy or run directly from the installer file which can cause these options to be present but unusable? I did a brief search of reported issues, but I don't see anything that covers this although I could I swear I remember discussion about it some months or years ago.

For what its worth this is about installing NVDA 2018.1.1 on Windows 10.

Thank you for any assistance,

Thomas