Re: NVDA And Avast Free Anti Virus

Gene

Turning off self-defense allows NVDA to see the available information on screen.  It does nothing aside from that to improve accessibility.  Using JAWS with self-protection on or off, doesn't change what JAWS sees and, with self-protection on, the program is better protected from attack.

If I needed access beyond the time a JAWS demo runs, since that is what I use now and then, if necessary or desirable, I would turn self-defense off and use NVDA for the that operation, such as a scan, then turn it on afterwards and use the JAWS demo with the program.

Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2018 5:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA And Avast Free Anti Virus

Hi,

Yes, the very registration of the product was a nightmare for me, too. I
did it, but, I do not know how. As for semi-accessibility, you're
supposed to turn the self-defence off, although Avast does not recommend
the end user to. Why am I saying semi-accessibility? Because Avast has
never been fully accessible as far as screen readers (Jaws and NVDA) are
concerned