Re: Read Allowed in Edge

Gene

I should add that I might not have commented on this topic, but I am a moderator and part of my job is to maintain civility on the list.  I, therefore, discussed the matter.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2018 5:53 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Read Allowed in Edge

When I first saw Lino's message, I thought the matter was a different interpretation of what is wanted.  Instead of making assumptions about someone's motivation and writing nasty messages, perhaps at first, the subject should be approached civilly and with the possibility in mind that the problem may not be what it seems.  I didn't look at the original message carefully but I thought the intention was to use one voice in NVDA for speak to end on the Internet when using NVDA and not use that voice elsewhere.

Thus, the discussion of profiles and the instructions thought to be convoluted.  They were discussing how to do something different than in your message, Lino.

and even if the instructions were more complex than necessary, which I didn't check, there are ways to point it out without attacking, almost flaming someone.  If it were stated something like, your instructions are far more complex than necessary to address the problem.  You often write unnecessarily complex instructions.  and then present what you think is better, that makes the point without an almost personal attack.

Note that I am not saying this is the case.  I'm illustrating how to make a point without an attack.

Also, since Brian doesn't use Windows 10, this may have led to the different interpretation.  Speak to end may have been addressed when Read Alout was intended.

Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2018 2:36 AM

I don't think it was really clear what exactly he wanted to do though.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-