From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nevzat Adil
Sent: 17 June 2018 00:21
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Anyway, looks like I solved the problem. When I assigned the shortcut
key I pressed enter and it gave me the same error message saying I
needed to have administrative permission and asked me to continue to
fix the problem. So I pressed continue and again went through the
procedure of assigning the shortcut key for JAWS. I type j and pressed
enter and it went through. I unloaded JAWS and restarted it by using
the shortcut combination and to my surprise it worked!
Nevzat

It's basically a linux shell you can install inside windows. I use this all
the time. I personally use ubuntu but you can use what ever microsoft has to
offer. From ther eyou can do any unix and or linux commands inside our
windows pc. Pretty neat. Tha'ts why I suggested you chmod that shortcut to
755 then chone that to your user name what ever that is in windows 10, if
that can even be done.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Nevzat Adil <@Nev> wrote:

Chris, I installed it from a disk. But recently I noticed the shortcut
no longer was there. After I updated Windows 10 the other day, K1000
reverted to demo version. Now I have to update K1000 to version 14. I
was told it was due to an update to Windows 10. I wonder if it did
affect Jaws shortcut, as well. My duxbury software also had a glitch,
but somehow I fixed that by going to control panel and user account.

Sarah, I have no idea what sublinux system
is.
Nevzat

On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...
<mailto:cjmullins29@...>> wrote:

Nevzat
Did you install Jaws yourself using the same account?

Cheers
Chris
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
New
Zealand
Sent: 15 June 2018 21:32
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi

If it is just asigning the shortcut after you have gone into the
properties tab down to shortcut and asign one.

I think you can only use alt + ctrl + a letter like J for jaws or
another letter.

Make sure you save the settings.

Gene nz

On 6/16/2018 3:03 AM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hi all,

I solved the problem by going to Control Panel and User accounts. But
my problem with assigning a shortcut key to an icon on the desktop
still persists. I press alt+enter to go to properties for the
shortcut
I have a problem what to write in the "start in" edit field. The
desktop icon in question is JAWS.
I thank you all for your responses.
Nevzat

On 6/14/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
Only an administrator account can change a standard account to an
administrator account. That is why I asked if there are any other
accounts
on the computer. If there are no other accounts, let me know and
I'll
give
you details of a different method of solving the problem.

You can check if there are any other accounts by pressing Windows+i
open
Settings, then press enter on Accounts. Tab to the list of topics
and
arrow
down to Family and other people and press enter. Tab to the list of
other
account names and types on the machine and see if there is a user
account
with administrator privilidges. If there is, get the person to log
on
using
that account, then they could use this settings process to edit your
account
details and change it from standard to administrator.

Cheers
Chris