Re: recommendation for ms office equivalent

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I have not tried LibreOffice, but my understanding is: Libree is more frequently updated, but still has some accessibility barriers that Openoffice does not. I know someone involved somehow in the LibreOffice project was posting on this list sometime not long ago, so perhaps he will chime in. I thought of giving Libre a spin anyway, but really, both Libre and Open do the same things and have almost exactly the same functionality, so I didn’t think there was really any advantage in having them both around.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ryan Mann
Sent: June 17, 2018 9:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] recommendation for ms office equivalent

Shouldn’t you use Libre Office instead of OpenOffice?  From what I understand, OpenOffice is not supported, but LibreOffice is.

On Jun 17, 2018, at 4:57 PM, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:

Seconded; I think this a nice package, though I haven’t used the spreadsheet or database components extensively. Now, one thing to keep in mind though, is that while it can open most newer MS-type documents, it cannot save in the recent MS Office formats. You can save in the older MS formats, which newer versions of mS Office can still handle.