Re: Dropbox innaccessibility again

what about tiny spell.

It was what was recomended to me when I used jarte but I have never really used it as such.

On 6/19/2018 3:19 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:
What is a solution for a spell checker if one does not have Office installed?
I have office both at home and at work, and I rely on a spell checker to make sure I don’t send out misspelled words.
I recall the JawsLite list used to offer a spell checker utility that when installed, gave a spell checker for eMail clients.
I’m not sure if captcha is in the dictionary, but for other instances, it is a must.
I think that most Blind folks who lost their sight early on are bad spellers, since we listen to material more than we read it in Braille.
I know that my spelling is not as good as it was when I could read print.
But it is important for us to send messages without misspelled words.
Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2018 5:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again

It isn't a typo. It is the result of the chronic and widespread practice of a lot of blind people not checking spelling of unfamiliar words and relying on speech for the spelling. it doesn't matter what you explain or how. If you write to a business or web site administrator or whomever in a business capacity, and misspell the name of the thing you are writing about, you lose considerable credibility and do not look competent.

And how do you know that the thought doesn't arise in the recipient, "If the person is misspelling the name to this extent, maybe the person doesn't know how to use the captcha. If you want credibility in the sighted business and other professional worlds, spell correctly and use correct names. A typographical error is mistyping; This is misspelling. and this issue goes much further. If you don't check names to be sure the spelling is correct, for example of the person you are writing to, you might use a w at the end of a name when you should use o u g h. and in your specific case, someone might spell Brian with a y instead of with an I or visa versa. And the list goes on.