Re: NVDA stops speaking

Quentin Christensen

If you, before encountering the issue (ie before closing mail), restart NVDA with addons disabled - NVDA+q then down arrow to that option and enter.  Does the issue still occur?  If not, that could indicate one of the add-ons is being troublesome.

Either way, perhaps a copy of your log might shed some light on it.  See here for how to get the log: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/LogFilesAndCrashDumps and could you perhaps send me a copy to info@... and I'll have a look and see if there is anything in there that might help?

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 11:33 PM, Mark <mark@...> wrote:

Hi got a problem with NVDA

Using the latest version with windows 10 all up to date

If I close windows mail the pc stops talking and I have to quit nvda or restart it

The funny thing is when I press insert Q nvda starts speaking again but nothing else

Also if I go in to my folders it speaks the folder for example music but when I errow down it does not speak I have to reload NVDA

I have tried resetting NVDA

Back to factory settings all seams to be fine

How ever all my addons are still there

Can any one help Please

Mark.

Tune in to the number one station on the web TAFN radio
http://tafn.org.uk/listen
Or for our catch up service on demand http://www.tafn.org.uk/on-demand
or for our upcoming weekly schedule
http://www.tafn.org.uk/radio