NVDA and SecureCRT or other ssh clients for Windows

Christian Schoepplein

Hej,

I need to work via ssh on linux servers in my job. In the past I used
Linux on my workstation, but now I have to use Windows. Now I am looking
for a Windows ssh client which is good to use with NVDA.

The prefered client for my employer is SecureCRT. I've configured this
client by following the steps described here:

https://www.vandyke.com/support/tips/scrnread.html

This setup is working well, only one thing is causing me problems.

When navigating through the output of a command given in the shell the
focus of NVDA is always getting back to the line where the cursor is
located after one second or so. This makes it inpossible to read through a
shell window.

Does anyone know this issue and can it be solved somehow?

I also tested putty and cygwinssh. Cygwinssh seems to work fine, but it
has not that many features. Also I was not able to scrol back in a shell
output. Putty is OK in most cases, but sometimes the focus gets lost or is
shifted for a line or two.

Maybe someone is using SecureCRT also and can help me out with my little
problem, then it will be a good solution for me and my employer I think.

TIA and all the best from Munich,

Schoepp