Re: NVDA and SecureCRT or other ssh clients for Windows

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

I am not quite sure what your original issue was, but when I was actively using SecureCRT with JAWS I needed to adjust the cursor shape / blink. I currently do not have access to the program, so I can't provide more feedback for you.

Take care,

Jonathan Cohn

´╗┐On 6/20/18, 11:05 AM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of Christian Schoepplein" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of chris@schoeppi.net> wrote:

Hej,

first of all a big thanks to veryone who responded to my request!

On Wed, June 20, 2018 1:52 pm, Noelia Ruiz wrote:
> You can try to configure timeout, for example, following these steps:
>

> 1. Go to the application where you find issues.
> 2. Create a new profile for this application (or manual, in case you
> don't want it's triggered automatically). 3. Activate it so you can save
> configuration changes just for this profile. 4. Open the Python console
> (control+NVDA+z) and type the following
> lines (you can paste each line and press Enter): import config
> config.conf["editableText"]["caretMoveTimeout"] = 100 config.conf.save()
>
> (change 100 for a value in milliseconds) and test with different values.

I tested the code in a seperate profile for SecureCRT with and without the
equal before the number for the MS, but unfortunatly it does not help and
the focus is still moved to the cursor after a few miliseconds :-(. I also
played around with the colour and cursor blinking setting in the program,
but also without success.

Do you have any further ideas?

Cheers and thanks again for your help,

Schoepp