From: "Kostadin Kolev" <k.kolev1985@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA stable release fails to update on a friend's machine

Hello Quentin,

I'll ask my friend to check if the UAC dialog is not hiding behind some other window. I know that not answering with "Yes" to that dialog will result in NVDA failing to update, because I've experienced it myself a few years ago.

And I've noticed too that sometimes NVDA fails to read the UAC dialog even with an installed copy of NVDA and the only solution in such a case (though not a permanent one) is to log off from the system and log in back again or restart it. It hasn't occurred to me recently though, so I'm guessing that it was something on Microsoft's side and it may have been fixed with one of the last cumulative updates for Windows 10.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 19.6.2018 г. в 9:38, Quentin Christensen написа:

A few people have been having trouble with the UAC dialog - the dialog which Windows pops up when you install anything - often this dialog seems to pop up behind every other window and you need to either ALT+TAB through everything, or press ALT+SHIFT+TAB to get to it.

Some users have reported that the dialog doesn't always read correctly, even on an installed copy of NVDA. I haven't replicated that or seen a solution at this stage.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 4:34 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Could you mind pasting the log fragment here, as this forum does not accept attachments? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph