Re: NVDA and SecureCRT or other ssh clients for Windows

Jason White

Christian Schoepplein <chris@...> wrote:

This is working with Windows 10 only, isn't it? Unfortunatly I have to use
Win7, Win10 will be rolled out next year maybe :-(.
Windows Subsystem for Linux requires Windows 10; msys2 however does not.
Microsoft significantly improved the accessibility of the console in recent
versions of Windows 10. If these improvements are valuable to you, you can
probably make a case to your employer for a Windows 10 machine.

In the past I used a Linux box with a self installed Debian and a
virtualized Windows 7. That was the perfekt working enviroment for the
tasks I have todo in my daily work.

Which virtualization tool did you run on the Linux host? I'm considering doing
the same, or at least experimenting a little. I also need to find out how to
license Microsoft Windows to run on a virtual machine.

I've used KVM to virtualize a Linux guest before, but I haven't tried running
Windows in a VM.

I would expect NVDA to work, although the braille display would create some
issues even if the USB interface can be forwarded to the guest.