Re: nvda installation problem

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

From the description this seems unlikely, as it did not work in the first place.
Assuming its an admin account then most people tend to only encounter issues with the UAC screen or updating when a desktop icon cannot be created, both of which are well known.

I just wonder if something else like bloatware which is often on new machines is interfering with installs. too many anti virus or security programs can cause some very odd things to happen, ie, if nvda has partially installed as you suggest, but cannot complete and the old bit cannot be stopped. I'd do a clean reboot of the machine and try then as a first step. However I have also noticed a number of new laptops seem to have dodgy sound drivers that clip the start of speech as well, though this is not the cause here from the description.
When a program is partly installed it can be a real pain to clean out the rubbish if you are not OK with delving into the diagnostics, even worse if its a screenreader and thus you have to rely on slow clunky narrator to do it!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

From: "Simone Dal Maso" <simone.dalmaso@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda installation problem

Are you sure you don't have a copy of NVDA that is running on the logon screen?

Il 21/06/2018 10:58, Don ha scritto:
I have a new windows 10 laptop computer. I am trying to install the 2018.1 program. When I run the install application I get the message that NVDA was unable to overwrite, or remove a file. Another copy of NVDA may be running. I have no copy running. I did have someone else try to help me install NVDA before and they couldn’t make it work so they uninstalled the previous copy they tried to install.

I am currently running JAWS 2018. What do I need to do to get the installer to complete the installation of NVDA 2018.1 on my laptop?