Re: problems

Gene

Are you in the synthesizer dialog, control NVDA key s, or the voice dialog, control NVDA key v.

First, you move to SAPI 5 in the synthesizer dialog, then activate the ok button.  Then, open the voice dialog and find the voice you want in the list and activate the ok button.

I don't know what you have done but you may be looking in the wrong places.

I don't use the new version of NVDA but the latest version, and perhaps the one before, I don't know, uses a different interface for some settings.  I'll let those who use it discuss it further.

Gene
---- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 3:07 AM
Subject: [nvda] problems

I am greatful for any help with these items.

I have a new computer running Windows 8.1 and have downloaded NDVA several times and the Windows sapi5 voyce will not showup.  I also can not seem to find it in my windows.

I have also downloaded  2 of the free voices from the NDVA site and properly used the manage apps to install them and they will not appear in the list of synthesizers, as a matter of fact the ESpeak does not appear either.

Finally the menus have completely changed from just a week ago, because I had downloaded NDVA for another person and the menus completely different? Any thoughts?  Thanks so much  

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.