Re: Thunderbird's Check Mail timing

John Isige

tools/account settings, then under whatever account you're dealing with,
pick server settings. Tab and you'll eventually reach a checkbox that
says "check for new messages every". You can either uncheck it and only
check manually, or if you tab past it, you'll see an edit field. I think
the default is 10 minutes but obviously you can change it to whatever
you like. I'm not sure if the behavior of the main account governs all
other accounts, or if you can set it individually for each account, so
if you have multiple accounts that go through different servers, you
probably want to set it for each unique server.

On 6/20/2018 22:57, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

I think I have it set to default too.

Hi

Not sure  as i leave mine on default but have a check under tools
then options then general tab then customize. I am pretty sure that
is the setting there mine says 10 so am guessing it is 10 minutes.

I would have to go back in and check but i think that is where it is.

Gene nz

On 6/21/2018 2:04 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi.  I am getting annoyed with Thunderbird trying to check for
incoming messages ever so often and retarding my mail check
routine.  Is there an option which allows me to drag this out so
that it checks for mail less regularly?  Cheers!