Re: problems

Hi,

It is under voice panel (Control+NVDA+V).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ervin, Glenn
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:48 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problems

I don’t recall what was in settings, but I could not find anything like rate in there.

Obviously there is a setting somewhere, but I feel that the menus as they are now are not intuitive.

What was wrong with the menus the way they were?

It is like Microsoft changing the way things were to be different, which only causes difficulty for folks.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 9:44 AM

Hi,

Hmmm, does synth settings ring work for this purpose?

Regarding menus: this might be due to new Settings screen where almost all settings are housed under one roof.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ervin, Glenn
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:36 AM

I noticed this menu problem too yesterday.

I wanted to slow down the voice for a new user and could not find it anywhere in the menus.

I had to set it to default settings, and that was really not slow enough for her.

I hope it goes back to the way it was.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dr. J. michael jones
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 3:07 AM
Subject: [nvda] problems

I am greatful for any help with these items.

I have a new computer running Windows 8.1 and have downloaded NDVA several times and the Windows sapi5 voyce will not showup.  I also can not seem to find it in my windows.

I have also downloaded  2 of the free voices from the NDVA site and properly used the manage apps to install them and they will not appear in the list of synthesizers, as a matter of fact the ESpeak does not appear either.

Finally the menus have completely changed from just a week ago, because I had downloaded NDVA for another person and the menus completely different? Any thoughts?  Thanks so much  

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.