Re: problems

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think what he is lacking here is that in the new property sheets you need to hit the change button to allow you to alter the synth. This works a lot better for me than the old system where you had to set the synch, close the dialogue then open the voice one. here you can whiz back and forth with ease.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problems

Are you in the synthesizer dialog, control NVDA key s, or the voice dialog, control NVDA key v.

First, you move to SAPI 5 in the synthesizer dialog, then activate the ok button. Then, open the voice dialog and find the voice you want in the list and activate the ok button.

I don't know what you have done but you may be looking in the wrong places.

I don't use the new version of NVDA but the latest version, and perhaps the one before, I don't know, uses a different interface for some settings. I'll let those who use it discuss it further.

Gene
---- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 3:07 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] problems

I am greatful for any help with these items.

I have a new computer running Windows 8.1 and have downloaded NDVA several times and the Windows sapi5 voyce will not showup. I also can not seem to find it in my windows.

I have also downloaded 2 of the free voices from the NDVA site and properly used the manage apps to install them and they will not appear in the list of synthesizers, as a matter of fact the ESpeak does not appear either.

Finally the menus have completely changed from just a week ago, because I had downloaded NDVA for another person and the menus completely different? Any thoughts? Thanks so much

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.