Re: how to read smil files with NVDA?

Aravind R

if you have jaws, fs reader will open the file.
or kurzweil will read .opf extention file

Hmmm you shouldn't need to open the smil files directly.
If you have a daizy player then these are opened automatically, if its
the text you want opening the xml file and saving it as text will do.
Or getting a free or payed daisy reader works.
amis is good for that, dolphin easy reader 7 or 6 the codes work for
both versions will work for you.

On 19/05/2016 5:47 p.m., Shweta Mishra wrote:
hi friends!
hope all are fine.
I recently have become a member of bookshare and downloaded some books
in daisy text only format, but files with smil extension are not
opening in my windows 7 64 bit asus laptop.
friends please tell me, what should I do now? shall I have to install
a new program?
friends please guide me?
I am a user of NVDA.
any help would be appreciated.