From: Michel Such
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem connecting a Hims Braillesense to NVDA

Well, driver removed, machine restarted, and it still does not work.

Michel SuchLe 21/06/2018 à 19:01, P. Otter a écrit :

ok, and don't forget to remove the driver before!!!
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 15:09 schreef Daniel Hawkins:

hmm, I too have a Braille Sense U2, I installed a driver to get it to
work via usb, but I have not used it in a while. I should check it out once
I reinstall NVDA on my computer.

Daniel Hawkins
computersassociated@...

On Jun 21, 2018, at 4:46 AM, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> wrote:

hello, yes it is, very strange.
per haps for other screenreaders but not with nvda.
put the usb connector into the computer and choose inside the menu of
nvda for the hims that's the driver for all of the hims displays like smart
beetle, or braillesense or what ever.
i know, there are also braille displays they need an installed driver
before or when you use a bluetooth connection.
but not with hims if connected with usb.
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 10:46 schreef Michel Such:

Strange, the usr's manual says that a driver is required...

Michel Such

Le 21/06/2018 à 10:29, P. Otter a écrit :

hi, i think, that's the problem he has installed a driver for the
braille sense.
there is no need to install any driver.
he has to go inside the menu of nvda there choose braille and
there for the hims.
that's all!
he has nothing else to do.
i have the same braillesense and it works fine with the newest
nvda.
so let he remove the installed driver and restart the computer and
retry to connect the display

as discribed above.
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 10:03 schreef Michel Such:

Hi,

A user telles me that, with the latest NVDA Version, He cn't
connect his Braillesense terminal.

He installed the appropriate driver but the terminal is not
recognized.

Has anyone got tnis problem and is there a fix I could suggest
him?

.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com