Re: Problem connecting a Hims Braillesense to NVDA

Strangely, I am also experiencing the same issue with Braille Edge. It
was fine until today. I go to NVDA menues, click on setting, choose
Braille, and select HIMS Braille but I get the error message that
braille display could not be loaded. When I disconnect the USB cable
and then reconnect I hear no sound. Obviously there is no connection.
What could be the issue? I tried the same with JAWS and I get the same
error message.

On 6/21/18, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> wrote:
that's rather strange, because i've the same braille display.
here it works just fine.
are you sure, there is no problem with the cable or connectors or with the
display itself?
i'll search for a tool, to test if all is working correctly.
and when you plug in the display on the computer, is there a sound as usual?
if not, there is realy something wrong.
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 19:43 schreef Michel Such:

Well, driver removed, machine restarted, and it still does not work.

Michel Such

Le 21/06/2018 à 19:01, P. Otter a écrit :

ok, and don't forget to remove the driver before!!!
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 15:09 schreef Daniel Hawkins:

hmm, I too have a Braille Sense U2, I installed a driver to get it to
work via usb, but I have not used it in a while. I should check it out
once I reinstall NVDA on my computer.
Daniel Hawkins
computersassociated@...

On Jun 21, 2018, at 4:46 AM, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> wrote:

hello, yes it is, very strange.
per haps for other screenreaders but not with nvda.
put the usb connector into the computer and choose inside the menu of
nvda for the hims that's the driver for all of the hims displays like
smart beetle, or braillesense or what ever.
i know, there are also braille displays they need an installed driver
before or when you use a bluetooth connection.
but not with hims if connected with usb.
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 10:46 schreef Michel Such:

Strange, the usr's manual says that a driver is required...

Michel Such

Le 21/06/2018 à 10:29, P. Otter a écrit :

hi, i think, that's the problem he has installed a driver for the
braille sense.
there is no need to install any driver.
he has to go inside the menu of nvda there choose braille and there
for the hims.
that's all!
he has nothing else to do.
i have the same braillesense and it works fine with the newest nvda.
so let he remove the installed driver and restart the computer and
retry to connect the display

 as discribed above.
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 10:03 schreef Michel Such:

Hi,

A user telles me that, with the latest NVDA Version, He cn't connect
his Braillesense terminal.

He installed the appropriate driver but the terminal is not
recognized.

Has anyone got tnis problem and is there a fix I could suggest him?

.