From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun
Everiss
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 9:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Scripting custom made software for a friend

Hmmm.

I am not sure, any customisable things require jaws, its always been
this way.

I am surprised the place she works for doesn't just say you need jaws
thats what all the places I worked with did.

On a technical point in theory it should be good, but someone would need
to do inhouse stuff and well.

Saying that, if someone knew python and the addon writing stuff that was
in the company then they could do it, this is not jaws where everything
needs to be scripted for jaws.

We use publically released tools, languages, etc with our stuff its not
difficult if you know how.

At any rate, if you used just the nvda controler it couldn't be that
hard to expose controls.

Custom controls will always be a problem.

And to be honest, nvda's strong point is the newer web based
applications or basic windows controls.

I still have supernova/jaws for a few things with non standard controls
that need the extra power.

But some of those things can't see without scripts web based
applications in a fluent type of manner.

I am using thunderbird which is in fact a web based though locally
installed app,.

On 6/22/2018 3:31 PM, Sky Mundell wrote:
Hello list. I have a friend who works at Shaw, and she is using NVDA as
her
screen reader at work. However, she has ran into a software that they are
using that needs to be scripted, and she is asking if anybody out there
can
script NVDA. Has NV Access ever delbt with agencies that need custom
scripting solutions, and if so, how can we go about getting this custom
made
software scriptable with NVDA? Because I have listened to the NVDA
Keynote,
and Michael from NV Access has mentioned that Babbage uses and supports
NVDA
as their primary tool and he'd like to be able to expand it so that it has
local support in each country, including Canada. Thanks, Sky.