Re: Scripting custom made software for a friend

Sky Mundell

Aww. That was because for the longest time, jfw had scripting. The former Window-Eyes had a great scripting model but it wasn't introduced until the former Window-Eyes 7 which came out in 2008, but by that time jfw had got the scripts and was at the top. I'm not sure what year Dolphin has had it. SA hasn't had a scripting feature partly because it is a product for home use, specificly targeted at seniors.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Scripting custom made software for a friend

Well maybe its changed now but about 10 years back or so, they
recognised jaws only and nothing else.

nvda is just about everywhere but still.

The big issue about making scripts for software x is that it could be in
house and someone would have to have access to whatever top secret or
whatever software it is to fix it.

Now what happens if there are only custom controls for everything we
can't access.

In theory nvda's guide, the fact it uses python etc means that someone
if they know what they are doing inside the company could write the
scripts for their program.

Technically if they never released them online then it wouldn't matter
if they did that or not.

I don't know what we could do about comercial programs free or
opensource well maybe.

On 6/22/2018 4:26 PM, Sky Mundell wrote:
Hello Shaun. They don't do that here in Canada. Maybe some government
agencies might be required to use JAWS in Canada, but Shaw does not. I work
at a training centre for the blind, and we don't have a contract for JAWS
and we don't have exclusive agreements with FS so we could use NVDA as well
as JAWS in our centre. There is an 80 percent unemployment rate in Canada.