From: "Jim Homme" <jhomme@benderconsult.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:29 PM
Subject: [nvda] Lots Of NVDA Freezes

Hi,
As far as I can figure out, I’m having so many freezes with NVDA since Windows 10 was updated, NVDA went to 2018.2.1, or both, that I can’t reliably use NVDA. As far as I can tell, NVEA is not crashing, because I am looking for the old log file by using Windows+R, then typing temp and looking for it in that folder. I have debug turned on for the log. When NVDA freezes, it seems that the keyboard freezes. I have been trying to run either JAWS or Narrator, then passing the NVDA+F1 key stroke to get at the existing log, because I’m assuming that NVDA is still running, since I have not found the old log hanging around. I could really use some advise diagnosing this issue, so that I can either add to a GitHub issue some useful information or make a new one.

Thanks so much for letting me rant.

Jim

Jim Homme
Product Manager