Re: accessibility training is important too.

Gene

A lot of the robots in tech support don't know much.  Low level tech support is a low pay, low status job and with the rise of artificial intelligence, I think they may be one of the first such service jobs to be supplanted by robots, since those who currently fill such positions largely perform as robots now, as many of the messages in this thread demonstrate.

Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.

Well I was talking to asus on trying to fix a busted extender, sir, read
the serial number on the side.

Um I am blind, is it anywhere else, no!

Um.

I have had techs not know their own internal control panel.

For my printer, please read the id and serial number from the control
panel, I can't see this, well you need to read from the configuration in
the control panel.

By this time I found it on the internal web server, is it this?

Yes, good thing I can access the web server then.

The guy goes, what server?

You'd think they didn't know their products sometimes.