From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 1:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessibility training is important too.

    I have incountered this with both Att and Comcast.  They are forigners who can't speak or undrstand englih well.  I told them that I am blind so I can't tell you if their are lights on or what color they are.  With att's connect tech they would not even stay on the phone with me.  I told them that if you don't then you can't ask me anything as I could not read the chat window.  They even said that after I told them that I was blind that if I wanted to end the session that I should just click on the red x.  How do they think that I will  know whear the red x is if I can't see? Why is it so hard to understand what blind is.  I guess I will have to just spell it out for them.  I am totally blind that means that I can't see anything not even light or any shadows. If they can't comprehend that then they have no business working in tech support.

Brian Sackrider

On 6/24/2018 5:30 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes indeed. I do find it almost ridiculous that, for example my
internet company have me flagged as blind, and generally help me with
things that they screw up, rather than un screwing them up, if that is
a word, but also continue to put me through to the people who cannot
function without knowing what a light is doing on a router, even
though I'm deep inside the control panel of said router and can read
them any parameter they wish to know about.
There should just be a one line addition to their script. If this
person is blind,  push to level 2 or whatever its called. these people
do exist, but often the person at the start is unaware of what
blindness means or is  just thick. I'm sorry but that is what I feel.
Rocket science it is not.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.