From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 3:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Quick help with outlook?

Even so, it strains credulity that the problem is a general one to that version of Outlook.  Since we haven't seen any such questions or complaints before, it is far more likely that the problem is some sort of corruption of something on that machine.

I would have a sighted person look at the screen when a message is replied to and see if the sighted person can get to those fields.  It cannot be assumed that this is a screen-reader problem.

Is there a reason this person has to use Outlook?  Of course, the person may have to use Word and other office programs for doing things in an institutional or business environment but if the person can use any e-mail program, why use Outlook?

Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:17 AM

Thanks, but of course that is part of the problem. this particular system
was only upgraded as far as Windows 7, despite my recommendation of
upgrading to Windows 10.

I didn't install the office suite, so can't say what version of Outlook it
even is.

Thanks, Eric

On June 24, 2018 11:23:50 AM ely.r@... wrote:

Erik
I am using Outlook 365, NVDA latest version  and no add on. Here Outlook
does not come up in browse mode so I am able to use the shift tab right
away. Sometime when I do the shift tab NVDA first speaks the message
position, but at the same time it does move to the Subject line and read the
contents. Guessing this is of no help what so ever, but wanted to let you
know with this configuration, by the way latest version of Windows 10, that
what you are expecting to happen for your client is working here.
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road