Re: Loosing control of NVDA

David Moore

I have to restart NVDA a lot because of the same reasons you said.

There is a way that works to turn it off.

Instead of pressing NVDA+Q, first, keep pressing the control key, and it will shut up in a minute. Next, press Windows+M to get to the desktop. Then, press ALT+CTRL+N, and NVDA will restart.

Here is another way, because sometimes that will not work.

Press Windows+B to go to the notifications and actions.

Arrow to NVDA, and press applications key, shift+F10, or route the mouse to that spot, and right click. Just arrow to exit, and NVDA will ask you what you want to do, just press enter to exit. Then, just start NVDA back up.

I have to do this a lot in Edge, on very interactive web sites, and in Firefox a lot more than any other browser.

So, there are some options other than restarting the computer LOL!

I use the latest snapshots, and NVDA is more sluggish at this point than it was a few months ago. I will keep using the snapshots, to test and make recommendation’s.

Good luck guys!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10