Re: problems

Gene

You get into the settings with control NVDA key s.  After you change the synthesizer, you select the voice with control NVDA key v.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problems

Gene,

In the new layout, since the voice disappears when I go into speech settings, what would be the key commands for changing synthesizers?

Thanks.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 4:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problems

Hi

You can still use the old shortcut to get into the voice settings it is the ctrl key + nvda key + the letter V.

When the dialogue comes up with the settings just tab down to rate it is a slider use the right arrow key to speed up and the left to slow down. Make sure the settings are applied and ok to save the settings.

It can also be done through the synths rings i think it is called. Use the nvda key +ctrl key + the up arrow key to speed up nvda or the same keys except use the down arrow key while holding those keys to slow nvda down.

If you want to say change voices etc use the same keys nvda key + ctrl key + either left or right arrow keys to go between the different sections there..

If you want to ajust any of them say the varient to another while on it same keys plus either up or down arrrow keys to go betwen them while still holding those other 2 keys ctrl + nvda key.

Gene nz

On 6/22/2018 2:36 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:

I noticed this menu problem too yesterday.

I wanted to slow down the voice for a new user and could not find it anywhere in the menus.

I had to set it to default settings, and that was really not slow enough for her.

I hope it goes back to the way it was.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dr. J. michael jones
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 3:07 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] problems

I am greatful for any help with these items.

I have a new computer running Windows 8.1 and have downloaded NDVA several times and the Windows sapi5 voyce will not showup.  I also can not seem to find it in my windows.

I have also downloaded  2 of the free voices from the NDVA site and properly used the manage apps to install them and they will not appear in the list of synthesizers, as a matter of fact the ESpeak does not appear either.

Finally the menus have completely changed from just a week ago, because I had downloaded NDVA for another person and the menus completely different? Any thoughts?  Thanks so much  

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.