From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Isige
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Remote Access Difficulties

It's NVDA-ctrl-k to directly access keyboard settings, and you can also get to preferences easier by hitting NVDA-n which gets you to the NVDA menu. There's no need to go messing around in the system tray or notification area or whatever we're supposed to call it this week.

Às 16:17 de 26/06/2018, Rob Hudson escreveu:
Ervin, Glenn <glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov> wrote:
Yesterday I was not able to remote into my client's computer from
work, his seemed to connect, but I could not.
So I tried it from home, and it seemed that I could connect, but it
was strange in that when I press F11 to pass through keys, I had no
speech, and he heard nothing going on at his end.
Do you have
"Handle keys from other applications
Checked in the
"Keyboard settings"
dialog? Access it by pressing NVDA+shift+k, or by navigating to the
windows system tray with windows+b and arrowing until  you reach the
NVDA icon. Press enter on the icon and down arrow until you hear
"Preferences"
and then open that menu. The first item will be "Settings"
and in there is the dialog you want.

.