NVDA questions about voices from a new user

Simon Wheatcroft <Moochoo@...>

Hi,

I am new to NVDA and windows, after being a MAc user for a number of years. I have 2 questions about NVDA and hope the community can help.

1. Latency, there appears to be a little latency when echoing characters and words. Especially when compared to the Mac. This is using the SAPI voices under NVDA. Is this typical?

2. Can anyone recommend a voice i can try or purchase that is similar in quality to Alex on the Mac? I enjoy the sound of this voice and would enjoy something of similar quality under windows that perhaps doesn’t have the latency issue as in question 1

Thanks

Simon