Re: nvdaes add-ons updated #addonrelease

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, there are authors that provide that mechanism, but it's not provided by NVDA. It's in add-ons, not in NVDA itself. Please look at this issue:
I'm not completely sure about this: I don't know if it could produce any issue if some other add-ons or programs check for updates or make some process at the same time.
If I were sure, I would implement this using code based on other add-ons and the update functionality for NVDA.

Thanks

El 30/06/2018 a las 17:22, Brian Vogel escribió:
NVDA does provide a mechanism for add-ons to self-monitor as being updated and to notify the user that these are available and ask if they want to install the update.
I've got several installed that have done this in the past, and the Windows 10 App Essentials add-on did just that this morning.
I don't know what's involved in getting this functionality integrated into a given add-on, as I don't write them, but Joseph Lee and several others definitely do.  There is no conflict between add-ons as far as each having this self-monitoring feature.
--
*Brian**-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134
/Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong./