From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 8:22 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvdaes add-ons updated #AddonRelease

NVDA does provide a mechanism for add-ons to self-monitor as being updated and to notify the user that these are available and ask if they want to install the update.

I've got several installed that have done this in the past, and the Windows 10 App Essentials add-on did just that this morning.

I don't know what's involved in getting this functionality integrated into a given add-on, as I don't write them, but Joseph Lee and several others definitely do.  There is no conflict between add-ons as far as each having this self-monitoring feature.