Re: nvdaes add-ons updated #addonrelease

Richard Wells

I believe what was being requested though, was add-ons being able to detect hotkey conflicts and notify the user. I definitely would love to see this feature. It would have saved me some grief while trouble-shooting why Clip Contents Designer suddenly stopped working. I did need to update it, but evidently, which ever add-on gets updated last takes over functionality. I first thought that NVDA upgrade broke it, but, removing Golden Cursor resolved it permanently.

On 6/30/2018 10:22 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
NVDA does provide a mechanism for add-ons to self-monitor as being updated and to notify the user that these are available and ask if they want to install the update.

I've got several installed that have done this in the past, and the Windows 10 App Essentials add-on did just that this morning.

I don't know what's involved in getting this functionality integrated into a given add-on, as I don't write them, but Joseph Lee and several others definitely do.  There is no conflict between add-ons as far as each having this self-monitoring feature.