Re: nvdaes add-ons updated #addonrelease

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, there is an issue opened for this:
You can provide feed-back there too:

I don't know how should be implemented. For instance, conflictive gestures (not just assigned to add-ons) could be shown in the Input Gestures dialog, each one in its own category. Other option would be a dialog showing gestures in conflict with a combo box to choose one of the assigned commands, not the others. But I tend to think it would be better to show them in the standard Input gestures dialog.
These are aspects to decide. 😔

Thanks

El 30/06/2018 a las 19:23, Richard Wells escribió:
I believe what was being requested though, was add-ons being able to detect hotkey conflicts and notify the user. I definitely would love to see this feature. It would have saved me some grief while trouble-shooting why Clip Contents Designer suddenly stopped working. I did need to update it, but evidently, which ever add-on gets updated last takes over functionality. I first thought that NVDA upgrade broke it, but, removing Golden Cursor resolved it permanently.
On 6/30/2018 10:22 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
NVDA does provide a mechanism for add-ons to self-monitor as being updated and to notify the user that these are available and ask if they want to install the update.

I've got several installed that have done this in the past, and the Windows 10 App Essentials add-on did just that this morning.

I don't know what's involved in getting this functionality integrated into a given add-on, as I don't write them, but Joseph Lee and several others definitely do.  There is no conflict between add-ons as far as each having this self-monitoring feature.

--

*Brian**-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

/Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong./

          ~ H.L. Mencken, AKA /The Sage of Baltimore/