Re: making the menus in libre office talk

Well just uninstall libreoffice and update it, I have 6.05 on here.

Sadly whenever I get a system back from repair or someone sets it up for me, rather than mucking round to see what extras could be on it, I usually like to reformat it and set it up again so I know its set right.

I have been burned to many times by dodgy computer companies.

Hi, Brian,

It's very possible that they could have installed an older version of libre office. I'll have to ask my friend when I talk to her.

Rosemarie

On 7/1/2018 1:01 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
The menus in Libra Office writer do talk. The behaviour on the launcher is a little non standard it is true but it does talk
This screen appears blank, but you can make the drop down menu work in the normal way, if you choose not to select and escape, you can tab around some buttons on the main screen. I think this is merely a focus issue at launch.
I'm using the portable version of Libra here.
If its not working could they have installed some old version on the system?
It no longer seems to need Java.

I'm running on windows 7, which is often what these refurbished machines come with, at least in the UK.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-