update when Controlled Folder Access is enabled from Windows Defender
Security Center." Are you using an older version of NVDA? If so you
might want to update your portable copy, if you can.

On 7/1/2018 19:12, Gary Metzler wrote:
Hi John,

Thanks for your help.
I am having an issue installing nvda on my new profile. I switch to the new profile and go to my portable folder and goto nvda. When it comes up I go to tools and go to install. It starts fine but, I get a windows defender notice that it blocked changes. I then get an error message that nvda failed. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Isige
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 12:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda on a usb drive

It would be drive:\nvdaport\nvda to run your portable copy. I don't know what drive letter your USB drive will be assigned though, you'll have to figure that out yourself. Using narrator should work just fine, but in case you know the letter the drive gets assigned, you can run it directly. If it's still on your c: drive, you can also run it directly from there, c:\nvdaport\nvda

On 7/1/2018 4:45, Gary Metzler wrote:
Hi Brian,

Thanks, I will give that a try.