Re: Lots Of NVDA Freezes

Quentin Christensen

Hi Jim,

Could you perhaps send me a copy of your NVDA log after it freezes (I assume it comes back afterwards?  Otherwise there should be a crash log which would be just as useful) - see https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/LogFilesAndCrashDumps for info on that.

Also, you can say Jaws - it's not Voldemort :)  It is useful to know when something which should the same in both (speed of navigating a document, for instance) is sluggish or not working.  Also, if it is something like navigating a specific Word document, if the document itself isn't confidential if you could send me a copy of the document, that can be really useful for troubleshooting too.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 4:28 AM, Jim Homme <jhomme@...> wrote:
Hi,
So far, I now can predict that if I type fast enough in the Windows search box, NVDA will freeze. The same thing happens on long web pages or ones with lots of scripting. Finally, when it freezes, I can never find the log file.

Finally, and I do not know if this is related, NVDA is very sluggish in Word docs with lots of tables. In General, in Word, it has always been more sluggish than my other screen reader.

If I disable all add-ons, I get less freezing.

Jim
Jim

Jim Homme
Product Manager