Re: accessibility training is important too.

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 08:58 pm, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Just goes to show these people are clueless to what's going on.
Not that I'm defending true cluelessness, but do take into account that it's sometimes easy to forget "in the heat of the moment" of trying to fix a problem that someone might have mentioned that they are blind.

The truly clueless won't miss a beat and will continue on as though you didn't remind them.  The situationally momentarily clueless will usually apologize for having slipped into routine and start troubleshooting how to troubleshoot with you.

Even I have, on rare occasion, found myself slipping into a moment of talking to a blind person as though they can see.  It's what happens when I remember, or get that nudge to remind me, that's different from the truly clueless.

There are mental scripts one has for one's typical audience or audiences, and it is far too easy to slip into the wrong script upon occasion.